Monday, September 8, 2008

Corey won! Hooray!

On Saturday, we went to visit with Corey's family in Wellsville at the kid's rodeo they have every year. I just thought we'd hang out and have a good time watching the kids participate, and we did. We watched our nephew, Daxton, win a cute bunny. Aubrey had fun watching the horses. Not only that, but Corey entered me, Corey, and Aubrey's name in the raffle. As soon as I found out that the prize was a colt I just knew we would win just because we were probably the only one's who entered who couldn't possibly take care of a horse. Sure enough they called 'Corey Hyer.' At first everyone thought it was a joke, because it just so happens that the announcer was Corey's uncle. Very funny! HaHa! But he wasn't kidding. I think Corey was in shock, too, because they had to call his name a couple of times before he went out into the arena to claim his prize. I honestly haven't seen Corey so dang excited in a long time. He was grinning from ear to ear. I wish I could say I was just as excited, but all I could think about was what in the heck were we going to do with a horse?!!  Needless to say, it was a very fun and eventful night. It's one night I doubt we'll ever forget!
Here's Corey happy as can be. Who can blame him? How many people can say they won a horse? Who would've guessed our first pet would be a horse? Go figure.
Her name is Jewel. Isn't she pretty? She's the cutest little colt ever! Now that I've been able to get over the shock a little, I wish we could take her home with us. Aubrey would love it!

As you can see, I have no idea what to do with myself. I don't even know how to stand by a horse. How am I supposed to take care of one? 

7 comments:

Brandi Hyer said...

You named her...now you have to keep her! What are your plans with her? I am still in shock. I am glad we only won a little rabbit...which we can't take care of. haha, the things we do for our kids. I can't wait to see you on Thursday. Love you guys!

Saunders Family said...

Peggy told us about your little horse fiasco and I seriously thought she was kidding. When I realized she wasn't, I laughed...oh for a good 2-3 minutes. What are the odds??

peggy hyer said...

COREY you are awesome! such a winner.. I cant remember when I have seen Corey smile that much. maybe sept 2. That was so much fun. We need to get him some boots!

nickandmindi said...

Congrats on the big win! That is awesome! I can't believe you guys won it! It's about time someone in the family wins! That is funny your first pet is a horse! How fun! I bet Aubrey just loves it! What a fun eventful night!!

brandi said...

HA HA HA! You are so funny KrisAnn, "I don't even know how to stand by a horse, how am I supposed to take care of one..." I am still giggling. So what kind of raffle gives away LIVE ANIMALS as prizes!? Oh, yeah. Wellsville. Well I must say she is a beautiful horse!!! And it is so awesome that Corey won something so amazing! Congratulations Corey!

Mary said...

You won a pony and then went to Vegas. Tough life man.

Parry Family said...

Hey I found your blog through Kim's. I seriously can't believe you won a horse! Did you really end up keeping it?