Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bitter Sweet Good-bye


We sold our house and we are unexpectedly moving out this weekend. I guess inevitably it was expected, but we thought we had another week. So we are frantically packing and the more I pack the sadder I become. This has been our home, our very first home. We picked out everything for this house, from the location to the carpet. We've only lived here three short years and to tell you the truth, I expected to live here at least another two years. But when opportunity knocks, ya gotta answer. We were very blessed to have sold our house, but we have to leave behind a really great yard and house, a great neighborhood, not to mention the best ward ever. Like I said, it's very bitter sweet. Tomorrow will be our last day in our cute, little home.

The willow tree in the back yard makes for an especially good swing. Aubrey loves going as high as her dad can push her if you can't tell from this picture.

Sienna's favorite thing about the back yard is the slide that Corey brought home one day after he found it in a ditch somewhere.


I don't know if you can see, but the picture above is of a duck hanging out by our stream. We will miss seeing ducks on a daily basis.

Bye, bye house. :(


6 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations on selling! We are going to miss you guys :(

Ryanne said...

I didn't know you were moving today! I thought you were just getting an early start. We will miss you too! We hope we can have some of that bitter-sweetness pretty soon too:)

m@R(! said...

sad! exciting! I feel more sad than excited. :)

Brandi Hyer said...

I think we where all sad! But its the people who make a house a home. No worries right, plus you are building my dream home! SO you have to be excited about that!

Tyson and Tahnee said...

I probably would have cried cause im a baby that way.. Yes you did have to perfect yard..You will be missed home #1:(

Charisse and Kory said...

Ahhh! It came much faster than I expected. I also thought you had another week!!!! We will miss you as our neighbors!