
One of the hardest things I think I am ever going to have to do in my life (I'm being a little dramatic) is take Aubrey's bottle away. It's been such a comfort to her and so I've gotten used to giving to her when she's upset because it calms her down better than anything. I don't know who's going to miss it more, me or her. It's getting close to the due date so we have to take the bottle away soon! My doctor suggested taking it away cold turkey. He said to have her watch us throw the bottles in the big black garbage can outside and watch the garbage man take them away. Then if she asks for one we can say "the garbage man came and took them all away." That seems a little harsh and traumatizing to me, but I'm to the point where I'm ready to try anything. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment because I'm really struggling with this. I know what you're thinking..."what a wimp."




3 comments:
Good luck. Daxton still wants his sippy cup when he is in bed going to sleep. Sometimes he will not go to sleep without it. I am here for you...if you need anything! Love you, good luck! haha
Don't make my grandbaby cry!!! just kidding. No madder what this 2 shall pass. You can do it!!
All i can say is good luck. I think cold turkey is probably the best way to do it. I had to do something like that with the binky. I felt so bad, i cut the binkies right in front of her and told her that they were broken. She really didn't miss it all that much... hopefully that will be the case with Aubrey. Good luck... don't give up.
Post a Comment