We went to Lagoon with my family last Monday. It was great! My uncle, Ron, and all his family went, too, which brought back fond memories of my childhood. The weather was perfect!
Sienna did not go to Lagoon. I thought she'd be happier playing with her grandma Peggy. Corey had to work (but secretly despises Lagoon), so it was just me and Aubrey. Aubrey was very happy to see her cousins and she wanted to be where ever they were. Sadly, the first ride I took her on just happened to be probably the scariest ride in the whole kiddy park. It was the kid's equivalent to the Rocket. She was so willing to ride it so I thought she'd be fine and she was until we went super high. Then she hid her eyes with one hand and said "scary, scary," but she never cried. However, this was the end of rides for her. She wouldn't even ride the little whales, spaceships, not even the little boats. She absolutely hated the carrousel. She loved the train and I actually took her with me on Rattlesnake Rapids. I think she only rode it because her cousins were riding it with us. All she said after that was, "I'm wet!" Overall, I think she had fun. Lagoon is so much different when you have kids. It's a different kind of fun. It's like being there for the first time again. I really had a very fun time with Aubrey and with my family. It's something I look forward to every year!
Aubrey would not look at the camera for anything!
She didn't want to ride any rides, but she loved shopping. I let her get this frog and it was in pieces by the end of the day. Darn that cheep Lagoon merchandise!
I didn't notice before, but you can totally see the terror on her face.
I think the best part of Lagoon for Aubrey was when she played in a puddle with her cousin, Iven. I didn't even care that she was getting dirty and wet. Hey, she's finally having fun.
Start of Summer
- Part Two -
Me and my girls went to the zoo a few weeks ago with Corey's sister, Brandi, and her boy, Daxton, and my sister Samantha and her little boy, Canon. It was another perfect day. It wasn't too hot or cold. Most of the animals were out where you could see them. Aubrey loved it! It was funny because Aubrey called the giraffe Melman and the zebra Marty from the movie Madagascar and it just so happened that the zoo theme this year is Madagascar. Aubrey actually enjoyed riding the carrousel at the zoo, unlike at Lagoon where she practically ripped my head off trying to get off the ride.
Hey, Melman!
Aubrey loved the map of the zoo more than anything else. It's cute because she looked at it a lot after we went to the zoo and it brought back memories for her. She would really like to go again. Who can blame her? The zoo's the best!




4 comments:
cute pics!
the girls are getting so big! looks like you guys are already starting off to a great summer and having lots of fun!
how fun. Jon's work is having a Lagoon day soon and we are deciding if it is worth going. I think you convinced us to wait until next year. don't you just LOVE summer??
krisann, your girls are so pretty!
Post a Comment